When is Volks Weald 2020?
Volks Weald for 2020 is over the weekend of August 21st – 23rd.
Where is Volks Weald and how do I get there?
Volks Weald is held at the stunning Penshurst Place, Kent.
FROM M25 JUNCTION 5, follow A21 to Hastings, leaving at Hildenborough exit, then follow brown tourist signs to Penshurst Place.
FROM M20/M26 Junction 2a, follow A25 (towards Sevenoaks) and then A21 for Hastings, then as above.
Guests will enter via the PRIVATE ENTRANCE on B2176 (by Weddings at Penshurst Place & Gardens), sat nav reference TN11 8DH.
Local approaches are well signposted with brown tourist signs and we put plenty of shows signs enroute to guide you in.
How can I buy tickets & how much are they?
Weekend tickets are £25.00 per adult including two nights camping when purchased from the team at one of the many shows we will be attending or online. The price on the gate for the weekend is £30 per adult. Saturday day tickets are available for £10 per adult for walk in only with parking in the public car park. Sunday day tickets are available for £10 per adult for walk in or vehicle access to our show n shine field. Both Saturday and Sunday tickets are available online or on the gate.
All children under the age of 16 accompanied with a paying adult go FREE and they will be supplied with wrist bands by our gate staff.
About your tickets/wristbands.
Your camping ticket includes access to all the free music, entertainment and venue attrations as advertised.
Wristbands must be worn at all times. Please ensure you write a contact number on the plan white wristbands given to under 16’s at the gate.
All tickets are non-refundable.
What are the gate opening times?
Weekend tickets holders: Friday – gates open at Noon and close at 10.00pm
Day Visitors: Saturday– gates open at 9.00am and you must leave the show by 6.00pm. Sunday gates open at 9.00 am and the show officially closes at 5.00pm.
Can we park where we like?
There is designated day parking and the camping will be located elsewhere. Marshalls will be on duty all day and will guide you to your designated area.
Do you have Electric hook-ups?
No, we do not have electric hook ups on site.
Can I bring my Generator?
No, generators are not permitted in any of the camping fields.
Can I bring my Paddock Bike?
No. This is a family show so no motorbikes or paddock bikes etc are allowed. If you are caught using one it will be confiscated and you may be asked to leave.
Is there a speed limit on the site?
Yes, the speed limit is 5mph. NO unnecessary vehicle movement during the day and NO vehicle movement after dark.
Are fires or fire pits allowed?
Due to fire risk and the safety of all attendees no fires or fire pits of any description are allowed – BBQs are permitted as long as they are over 2 feet off the ground / grass . There must be a fire proof insulating layer between the BBQ and the ground/grass and a fire extinguisher must be on hand and visible. Any damage to the ground around a BBQ area will see us have to charge for repair.
Do you allow BBQ’s?
Yes, but they must be kept off ground; BBQ’s must be extinguished after cooking food and not used as camp fires – please see above.
Do you have showers?
No, unfortunately we do not but we have superb plumbed in toilet blocks with hot running water.
Are there disabled facilities?
Yes there are disabled toilets on site.
Is there first aid and security on site?
Yes registered first aid will be on hand as well as a team of professional registered security. You will find emergency service location on the map in the programme.
Can we bring our dog?
Dogs are welcome and allowed on our show site – they must be kept on leads at all times and owners are responsible to make sure any mess is disposed of in the bins that will be provided. No dogs are permitted at all in the Penshurst Place children’s playground area , formal gardens or on the woodland trail . All show guests will be able to crossover into these areas to experience the stunning facilities that Penshurst Place offer but must leave their dogs on the show site with family or friends . Please be responsible for you dog at all times . Anyone not following these simple rules will be asked to leave the site.
Can we reserve a club camping plot?
We welcome club camping. All club camping does need to be pre booked by sending us an email. The best way is to allocate one member of the club as a point of contact then they can let us know how many vehicles you have coming so we can secure adequate space.
Can we stay for the weekend in our caravan?
Other than VW’S, ONLY small caravans and non VW motor homes are allowed but an additional charge of £15 is to be paid when purchasing your tickets. A separate pass will be sent with your tickets.
PLEASE NOTE – We don’t allow twin axel or 5-6 berth caravans, this is a classic car show.
How do I enter show n shine?
You do not need to book for the show n shine on the Sunday. Just roll your ride up to the show n shine area which will be clearly marked. We advise you arrive early as the show n shine is always very popular.
Can we play music while camping?
Moderate music levels during the day on the camping area are allowable. This is a family show so NO INDEPENDENT SOUND SYSTEMS are allowed. There is a noise curfew that is set at 11pm and after this time no music will be allowed – please respect our neighbours and the curfew. We have a professional security team working on site and should you be asked to turn any music down or off after the curfew we would ask you to respect this or you will be asked to leave the site.
The following is strictly forbidden
Fireworks, Chinese lanterns, flares or pyrotechnics.
Aggressive behaviour. Our security can and will refuse entry and eject anyone causing a nuisance, acting anti-socially or in breach of our Site Rules.
There’s zero tolerance of the use or distribution of illegal drugs and/or Nitrous Oxide.NO campfires or fire pits.
Strictly NO generators. No flying of drones.
Terms & Conditions
1. All tickets are issued subject to rules and regulations attached to the booking form and those herewith.
2. Any person entering the Venue does so at his/her own risk. Neither the Venue or the event organiser can be held liable for any risk, danger/loss, including bodily harm, personal property damage/loss, or any other incident arising from attendance at the event whether occurring before, during or after the event. With the exception of incidents arising from gross negligence and/or wilful misconduct.
3. It is forbidden to use, posses, hold or bring the following items any illegal substance or nitro’s, bonfires, Chinese lanterns, weapons, flammables, or any other objects identified by stewards, safety personnel or other authorised persons which may affect the security or safety of the event and its attendees.
4. Any ticket holder whose actions are inconsistent with or whose ticket have not been obtained in accordance with these Terms and Conditions will be refused entry or expelled with no right to refund.
5. NO unnecessary vehicle movement during the day and NO vehicle movement after dark. The speed limit on site is 5mph at all times.
6. Due to cancellation of the event credit values will be at the sole discretion of the Organiser and under no circumstances will a cash refund be issued on site.
7. The purchaser of the ticket shall indemnify and hold the Venue / Organiser harmless from and against all liabilities suffered or incurred in connection with a breach of Terms and Conditions.
8. No independent sound systems. Please respect our neighbors. Independent sound systems are NOT allowed on site and we request that any music is played at a reasonable level and all music must be switched off at 11PM.
9. The acceptance of the ticket and entry to the Venue shall be deemed as full acceptance of these Terms and Conditions and rules and regulations referred herein.
10. Purchase of tickets are the responsibility of the buyer, Please note we Can not offer refunds once the ticket has been purchased.
While we make every effort to provide the full programme of free entertainment, and use the site as planned during the weekend, the festival involves human beings, travelling, weather and motors and we cannot be held responsible for any changes required.
Neither the organisers or venue can be held responsible for damage to or the loss or theft of your items while at the show or held liable for any risk, danger/loss, including bodily harm, personal property damage/loss, or any other incident arising from attendance at the event with the exception of incidents arising from gross negligence.